Irving's Drop-Off Recycling Centers
Full-Service Attended Centers:
Residents are expected to either separate the recycables prior to bringing them to the drop-off center or be prepared to separate the recyclables at the drop-off center. Do not drop off recyclables while the centers are unattended. The attendant is there to assist the resident in the recycling process.
Monday, Thursday and Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Closed Tuesday and Wednesday
Items that can be Recycled at Full Service Drop Off Centers Include:
- VHS Tapes and Cases
- CD's/DVD's and Cases
- Plastic food containers numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7
- Old textiles
- Empty toner and inkjet cartridges
- All cellular phones
- Plastic grocery store sacks (no other store bags or other plastic bags)
- Aluminum and steel food cans; aerosol cans
- Glass bottles and jars
- Paper & cardboard
- Corrugated cardboard (boxes)
- Junk mail (direct mail)
- Phone books
- Magazines, catalogs
- Newspaper (including advertising slicks)
- Mixed office and school paper
- Paperboard boxes (cereal, macaroni, etc.)
- Brown paper bags
Items that CANNOT be Recycled at Drop Off Centers Include:
- Plastic food containers #6, Styrofoam
- Plastic wrap and packaging material
- Bottles which have contained pesticides, motor oil, or other hazardous materials
- Plate glass, auto glass, ceramics, etc.
- Light bulbs
*Remove and discard plastic caps; drain and rinse bottles and cans.
To encourage widespread recycling, organizations are given the opportunity to earn revenue. This money is generated through the sale of recyclables at the Full Service recycling drop-off centers as part of Irving's "Cashless Buy Back" Program.