How can I find out if someone is in the Irving City Jail?
• On-line: click the "In Custody" link on the Irving Police Homepage (lower right)
• In person: Contact jail staff in the jail lobby, 305 N. O’Connor Rd.
Telephone: (972) 721-2625 or (972) 721-3608
Where is the Irving City Jail?
The jail is located at 305 N. O’Connor Rd. in the Criminal Justice Center.
When is the jail open?
The jail is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Where is the county jail?
The Dallas County Jail is located at 111Commerce St. in Dallas, TX. – To access the Dallas County Jail – Lookup, http://www.dallascounty.org/jaillookup/
What does it mean when a person is "booked" into jail?
This is an administrative process documenting a prisoner's entrance into the jail. The process includes collecting information such as the person's name, address, reason for the arrest (criminal charge(s)), and inventorying personal property. A photograph and fingerprints are taken as well.
What occurs during an arraignment?
An arraignment is a formal meeting between a judge and a prisoner. The judge informs the prisoner of his or her charge(s), reads the prisoner his or her rights, and advises the prisoner of the bond amount.
When are prisoners arraigned?
Arraignments are generally held twice daily during the week at approximately 10:00am and 4:00pm and once daily on weekends at approximately 10:00am.
What is "jail credit"?
The City of Irving assigns a monetary value for time spent in jail for a City of Irving Class C misdemeanor ticket or warrant. A municipal judge determines jail credit as regulated by state law.
Is jail credit applied to all arrests?
No, jail credit only applies to some City of Irving Class C misdemeanors.
When may I visit a prisoner?
Sunday - 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Tuesday/Thursday - 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
• Visitation is limited to 10 minutes with a maximum of 2 people allowed per visitation period.
• Only one visitor at a time.
• Visitors must be appropriately dressed, be at least 17 years of age, present a state issued drivers license or ID card or other government issued ID with a photo, last name, first name, and date of birth
• Visitors will be checked for outstanding warrants.
• All visitors are subject to search prior to entering the visitation room.
What items may I bring a prisoner?
Personal items of convenience and money may not be contributed to the prisoner's property. Prisoner prescription medication will be accepted and dispensed in the prescribed manner. Each prisoner is allowed to have one pair of underwear and socks brought each day. Underwire bras are prohibited.
How may I get a prisoner's property?
Prisoner property can only be released after the prisoner grants written permission authorizing the release. To claim prisoner property it is necessary to: • Complete a property release form Present a driver's license or a government issued identification card
May a prisoner make free phone calls?
Prisoners are allowed to place one free telephone call once the booking process has been completed. A prisoner also has the opportunity to make collect phone calls from inside a cell block.
What is an Alias warrant?
This is a warrant where no plea has been entered. A prisoner, bail bond company, or an attorney can post a bond for this type of warrant. The bond assures that the prisoner will appear in court.
What is a Capias warrant?
This is a warrant where a plea has been entered and the prisoner did not follow through with the court agreement. The only way to resolve a Capias warrant is to pay the fine in full or be released "time served" by remaining in jail until enough jail credit has been earned.
How can a prisoner resolve a City of Irving Class C misdemeanor warrant?
• Credit Card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover)
• Released "Time served" after acquiring enough jail credit A combination of jail credit and cash or credit card payment
How can a prisoner resolve a Class C misdemeanor warrant issued from another city?
Payment can be accepted by either the issuing agency or the City of Irving. Most county agencies do not allow cities to accept bonds and fines for their charges and payment must be made at the issuing agency.
How can a prisoner get out of jail when arrested for a felony or misdemeanor (other than a Class C misdemeanor)?
• Pay the bond at the Dallas County Sheriff's Department Bond Desk located at 111Commerce St. in Dallas, TX
• Contact an attorney Contact a bail bond company
Will city employees recommend a bail bond company or an attorney?
No, but most bail bond companies and attorneys can be located in the phone book, on the Internet, or by using directory assistance.
Where are impounded vehicles stored?
Impounded vehicles are stored at:
• Irving Auto Pound 401 N. Valley View Ln. Irving, Tx 75061 (972)790-1301
• Wrecker Service – Walnut Hill Wrecker Inquiries concerning fees, method of payment, and directions to the storage facility should be directed to the towing company. Be prepared to provide information such as the vehicle's year, make, model, and license plate number.
Where can prisoners released from the Irving City Jail be picked up?
Prisoners are released in the jail lobby at 305 N. O’ Connor Rd.
How do I get information on a prisoner that has been transferred to ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement?
You may contact ICE at (214)905-5829 for this information. Personnel at the Irving Jail will not have any information regarding any prisoner transferred into ICE’s custody.
Does the Irving Police Department take fingerprints for the public?
Fingerprinting services are available free of charge for those who either live or work in Irving on Mondays from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Criminal Justice Center located at 305 N. O’ Connor Rd. Irving, TX 75061.
• Persons wishing to be fingerprinted must bring their own fingerprint cards along with a valid government issued ID. (The business/agency requiring your fingerprints should provide you with the fingerprint cards.)
• Maximum of 2 sets of prints per person, per day
NOTE: The Irving Police Department can not take fingerprints for any Immigration services. You must contact them for their approved fingerprinting locations.