New Residential Customers
New residential customers are required to pay a minimum deposit of $75. Other deposit information is as follows:
- Your deposit may be higher than the minimum if you had previous accounts for services with an unsatisfactory payment history.
- The deposit will be refunded to your account following a full 12 months of service provided you have not had more than two late payments on the account.
- If any deposit money is in escrow on your account when you close your account, the deposit will be applied to the balance on your final bill.
- If applicable, any remaining balance will be automatically refunded to you, within 45 days, by check if the balance is $10 or more. You will need to request a refund for balances of less than $10 by calling Customer Service at (972) 721-2411.
Waiver of Deposit
The deposit can be waived in certain circumstances for residential customers, including:
- You are over 65 years of age and provide a letter of credit from another municipal water utility or another utility company (on company letterhead) along with proof of age.
- You have a current account for services with us that has been active for a minimum of 12 months and the account is not currently delinquent; has not been disconnected during the past 12 months; has not had more than two delinquent payments during the last 12 months; and, there have not been any checks or electronic debits that were dishonored by your bank.
- You had a similar account for services within the past three years for a minimum of 12 months; the account was paid in full; services were not disconnected for non-payment during the last 12 months of service; there were no more than two delinquent payments during the last 12 months of service; and, no checks or electronic debits were dishonored by your bank.