The Code Enforcement Department is comprised of the following divisions: Customer Service; Complaint Investigations; Proactive Neighborhood Patrols; Multi-Family Operations; Mosquito Management; Semi-Public Pool Inspections; and Keep Irving Beautiful.
Collectively, this team partners with home and business owners alike to achieve voluntary compliance as it relates to life health safety; land use; zoning; minimum property/building standards on residential/commercial zoned properties; and beautification.
Code Enforcement is committed to safeguarding the public health; improving community appearance; and protecting the integrity of neighborhoods.
- For noise complaints or on-street/public right of way violations: vehicles abandoned, parked the wrong way, causing an visibility obstruction, oversized commercial vehicles parked in residential areas, expired tags, call Police Non-Emergency (972) 273-1010.
- For animal concerns and noise complaints, contact Animal Services (972) 721-2256.
- To report a structure or fence under construction without a permit, or to submit a food establishment health complaint, call Inspections (972) 721-2371 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- To report graffiti, call Streets (972) 721-2201.
- To report a neighbor violating water restrictions or blowing leaves into the street/gutters, call Water Utilities (972) 721-2281.
- To report shopping carts on the sidewalk or street or excessive amounts of trash/debris in the street/curb, call Parks and Recreation (972) 721-2501.
- For trash, recycling, brush pickup information, contact Solid Waste Services (972) 721-8059 or check here.
The following conditions below can be observed as code violations on private property zoned for the following uses: Residential; Commercial; Apartment; Hotel; Four-Plex; Duplex; Manufactured Housing; and Vacant Lots:
- High Grass & Weeds
- Illegal Land Use/Zoning
- Outside Junk, Litter or Debris
- Parking on unimproved surface
- Inoperable/Wrecked Vehicles
- Dilapidated Fences
- Deteriorated Building Exteriors
- Minimum Building Conditions (Apartments/Hotels/4 Plexes/Mgf. Housing)
Submit a Code Complaint or contact the Code Enforcement Department at (972) 721-4929 (automated) or (972) 721-4829 during business hours.
Providing the following information will expedite the investigation process:
- Location or Address
- Name of Business, Company, or Property
- Nature of Violation
Written complaints for Code Enforcement may be faxed to (972) 721-3634 or mailed to:
City of Irving
Code Enforcement Department
825 W. Irving Blvd.
Irving, TX 75060.